We’ve increased your internet speed!
In today’s digital age, the internet has become an integral part of our daily lives. Whether you’re working from home, streaming your favorite shows, or connecting with loved ones across the globe, a fast and reliable internet connection is essential. As your broadband provider, we have recognized the importance of higher speeds and have recently increased our internet packages to give you more speed, for the same price! Our new internet speeds are as follows:
Basic: 250 x 250 Mbps
Social: 500 x 500 Mbps
Pro: 750 x 750 Mbps
Gig: 1000 x 1000Gbps
In addition to bumping each tier to a higher speed, we’ve made all packages ‘symmetrical’. This means the upload and download speeds are the same, improving quality, reducing latency and lag, giving you a better experience overall. Curious why you might need more speed? Let’s explore the significance of increased internet speeds and we’ll share some valuable tips to help you get the most out of your broadband connection!
1. Faster Speeds = Improved Productivity:
One of the most significant benefits of faster internet speeds is the boost in productivity. In a world where remote work and online learning have become the norm, a speedy internet connection ensures that you can seamlessly participate in video conferences, upload/download large files, and access cloud-based applications without frustrating lags and delays. Faster speeds enable you to work efficiently, saving you time and reducing frustration.
2. Buffering Be Gone:
With faster internet speeds, you can bid farewell to those endless loading circles and low-resolution video quality. High-definition streaming becomes a reality, allowing you to enjoy your favorite movies, TV shows, and live sports events without interruptions.
3. Lag-Free Gaming:
Gamers, rejoice! Fast internet speeds can be a game-changer for your gaming experience. Reduced lag and latency mean that you can compete online with lightning-fast reactions and minimal disruptions. This is especially crucial for competitive gaming, where split-second decisions can make all the difference.
4. Multiple Devices, No Problem:
In today’s households, multiple devices are often connected to the internet simultaneously. Whether it’s smartphones, tablets, laptops, smart TVs, or IoT devices, faster internet speeds ensure that everyone can use the internet without slowing each other down. This is essential for households with family members working, studying, and streaming simultaneously.
But remember, the speed you subscribe to is shared amongst all your devices, so you may not get the full subscribed speed on each device when running speed tests. The good news is that you should have plenty of bandwidth to go around if you’re on the right package!
Tips for Maximizing Your Internet Connection:
If you don’t feel like you’re getting the speed you should, here are a few ways to make sure your connection is up to par!
1. Optimize Your Wi-Fi: Place your router in a central location within your home, away from obstructions, and consider investing in Premium Managed Wi-Fi from Dakota Central. If your home is big enough, or multiple levels, you may need additional access points to improve the range of your Wi-Fi signal. Additionally, use a strong, unique password to secure your Wi-Fi network to prevent unauthorized users from slowing down your connection.
2. Use Ethernet Connections: Whenever possible, connect devices directly to your router using Ethernet cables. Wired connections tend to be faster and more stable than wireless (or Wi-Fi). As a rule of thumb, when running speed tests on Wi-Fi, you will typically get 80% of your subscribed speed, and will see a decrease for each device connected, especially streaming or gaming.
3. Reduce Background Downloads: Large downloads, software updates, and cloud backups can consume a significant portion of your bandwidth. Schedule these tasks during non-peak hours to avoid slowing down your internet when you need it most.
4. Regularly Restart Your Router: Rebooting your router can help refresh your connection and resolve minor issues that may be affecting your speed. Simply unplug the power cord, wait about 30 seconds, and plug back in to reboot!
5. Remember- we’re always here to help! If you have concerns about the quality of your internet connection, don’t hesitate to reach out!
From increased productivity to better entertainment experiences, a fast and reliable broadband connection can greatly improve your quality of life. However, as you can see many factors contribute to your Wi-Fi speed and strength. By following these tips, you can ensure that you’re getting the most out of your internet connection!