How Can We Help?
Self-Install Guide | Amazon TV
Make sure your Fire TV works with Dakota Central TV…
Dakota Central TV works on Amazon Fire TV 2nd Generation and newer:
- Fire TV 2nd Generation
- Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote
- Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote 2nd Generation
- Fire TV Stick 4K
- Fire TV 3rd Generation
- Fire TV Cube 1st Generation
- Fire TV Cube 2nd Generation
Identify which Fire TV you have
If you’re setting up your Fire TV for the first time…
All you need is:
- An internet connection
- An Amazon account. If you don’t have an Amazon account, you can sign up here for free
- A TV or other display with an HDMI port
- An HDMI cable (on 4K capable devices, you need an HDMI 2.0 or later compatible cable)
Start with these quick steps or watch this quick step video
- Plug the power adapter into an electric outlet and the Fire TV device into your TV’s HDMI port.
- Use the USB cable to connect the power adapter and the Fire TV device.
- Install the batteries in the remote by matching them to the icons inside. If the remote doesn’t automatically pair with your Fire TV, press and hold the Home button for 10 seconds.
- Use the Source button on your TV remote to locate the HDMI signal for your Fire TV device.
Now that your device is powered on, connected to your TV, and paired with the remote, all you need to do is follow the prompts on the Fire TV startup screen.
Install Dakota Central TV onto your Fire TV
Now that your Fire TV is all set up, select the search icon to the left of “Home” at the top of the screen and search for Dakota Central TV, highlight it, and select the download button to begin downloading.
Once it’s done downloading, select Open to launch Dakota Central TV.
Make sure you’re connected to your Dakota Central -provided internet
Dakota Central TV needs to be connected to the internet provided to your home by Dakota Central in order to access your entire TV lineup.