Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (CSR) is the primary point-of-contact for residential and/or small business customers to fulfill all service needs. CSR will educate customers on Dakota Central products/services, packages, broadband speeds and advanced services and will positively promote and sell Dakota Central products/services. CSR will perform assigned duties and provide quality customer service to external and internal customers.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and physical demands.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following and may vary from position to position within the CSR classification.
• Provide excellent customer service by responding promptly, courteously, and professionally to all customer inquiries/correspondence by phone, in person, by email, live chat or mail.
• Exhibits discretion and keeps customer and Company matters confidential, adheres to Company Privacy, CPNI and Red Flag rules.
• Positively promote and sell Company products/services to new and existing customers.
• Receive and process Service Orders and Trouble Tickets.
• Verify customer charges are correct on service order before closing to ensure correct billing to the customer.
• Address reported troubles; research billing disputes; and apply appropriate treatment to resolve customer complaints. Unresolved trouble/billing disputes should be referred to Supervisor.
• Accept customer payments and post to the appropriate accounts when payment is received.
• Balance cash drawer daily and ensure accuracy of all cash transactions and associated reports.
• Establish and enforce special payment arrangements and post information accurately on customer accounts.
• Write routine letters and correspondence to customers.
• Receive and process mail forwarding any mail on to other employees as applicable.
• Investigate returned mail on customer accounts; process address changes on billing system and update directory listing as requested by the customer.
• Send collection letters; prepare accounts to be turned over to collection agency; work closely with collection agencies; and maintain written off accounts.
• Complete, file, and/or maintain records or reports as assigned by Management.
• Set up and process automatic payments by ACH, Credit Card, E-Check or other auto pay options.
• Maintain directory, 911 and other database extracts.
• Support NDLD customers including entering and following up on trouble tickets.
• Perform daily remittance processing.
• Establish appointments for Fiber to the Home wiring and/or cutovers.
• Send CPNI notification letters and maintain appropriate audit reports.
• Receive and assist in inventory maintenance of customer premise equipment.
• Assist with Board Meeting preparations and arranging travel for Board Members as directed by Management.
• Openly communicates with all Company employees.
• Maintain a good working relationship with software providers, customers, co-workers and management employees through prompt, courteous and professional communication.
• Effectively communicate and contribute to the team to promote an efficient and productive team environment.
• Make effective, reasonable decisions regarding customer issues using information at hand in a timely manner.
• Adhere to established company policies and procedures.
• Accept responsibility for decisions, conduct and actions.
• Demonstrate dependability through promptness, good attendance and adherence to timelines and schedules.
• Must be able to travel overnight occasionally for training, meetings, and conferences.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned by management.* * These tasks do not meet the Americans With Disabilities Act definition of essential
To apply, send resume to Lori at email@example.com.
Field Technician Apprentice
Dakota Central is seeking a full-time, self- motivated, and technical individual to apply for the position of Field Tech Apprentice, located in the Jamestown office. Successful candidates must be team players and possess excellent organizational skills to perform installations, repairs, locates, fiber splicing, and troubleshoot broadband, phone, and video services.
The responsibilities of the Field Tech Apprentice include varies aspects of FTTH Technologies and Network Communications Equipment providing high-quality support and service to our residential and business customers. through-out Dakota Central’s service areas.
Salary will be in accordance with the Union Contract.
Associate degree in Electronics/Telecommunications Technology (preferred); Associate degree (A.A.) in related field or diploma from a one or two-year technical school in related field; or one to two years of applicable experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
To apply, contact Marty Bauer at 952-1152 or firstname.lastname@example.org.