How Can We Help?
Self-Install Guide | Android TV
Make sure your Android TV works with Dakota Central TV
Dakota Central TV works on a variety of Android TV models version 8 and up, including connected devices like Nvidia Shield and the Xiaomi Mi Box as well as Android TV smart TVs like Sony, Sharp, HiSense and Philips.
You can check your Android TV version by going to Android TV settings, selecting About and then Version.
If you’re setting up your Android TV for the first time…
Be prepared with:
- An internet connection
- A Google account. If you don’t have a Google account, you can sign up for free: accounts.google.com/signup
- If your TV doesn’t have Android TV built-in, you’ll need:
- An external Android TV device
- A TV or other display with an HDMI port
- An HDMI cable
If you can’t find your Android TV device’s instruction manual, Google has reference instructions to get Android TV set up: support.google.com/androidtv/answer/6121424
Install Dakota Central TV onto your Android TV
With your Android TV all set up, from the Android TV home screen, install Dakota Central TV on your Android TV by following these steps:
- Navigate to Apps
- Select the Google Play Store app Google Play
- Browse or search for apps and games
- To browse: Move up or down to view different categories. When you find a category that you’re interested in, move to the right to view items
- To search: At the top of the screen, select Search
- Select the app or game that you want
- Select Install
Make sure you’re connected to your Dakota Central- provided internet
Dakota Central TV needs to be connected to the internet provided to your home by Dakota Central in order to access your entire TV lineup.